At Alfred Imaging we offer comprehensive diagnostic interventional services performed by highly skilled tertiary hospital trained Radiologists.
Interventional Radiology services available at Alfred Imaging include:
- Joint Injections – a steroid and local anaesthetic is injected into a sore joint for pain relief
- Nerve Blocks – a steroid and local anaesthetic is injected next to certain nerve groups for pain relief
- Biopsies – tissue samples are taken and sent to pathology for diagnosis
- Drainages – excess fluid that should not be present is drained from the body
- Vascular access lines and port placement – for example, a PICC line, to administer medications
Our interventional radiology specialists use imaging guidance to ensure precise needle placement for all procedures.
As a general rule, due to necessary planning, an appointment is required for interventional procedures. A referral from a medial practitioner is necessary for all types of interventional radiology.
Interventional procedures require preparation and after-care. At Alfred Imaging specific instructions will be given when you book your appointment and at the time of your consultation with your attending interventional Radiologist.
Ashfield NSW 2131
Campsie NSW 2194
Drummoyne NSW 2047
Five Dock NSW 2046
RPAH Medical Centre,
100 Carillon Avenue, Newtown NSW 2042
North Strathfield NSW 2137